Eirinn hit her terrible twos at about 15 months. At that point she was moody and emotional and demanding and all together hard to deal with 75% of the time. The other 25% of the time she was sweet and charming and cute; just enough so we didn’t sell her.
This continued at a regular pace until a week or two ago. Then, as normal toddler progression would have it, she jumped head first into that wonderfully un-terrible-twos stage known as the Three Year Old Questions and…More Questions Period. Everything that comes out of her mouth is a question, but she hasn’t learned (or she chooses to forgo this half of the process) the ‘listening to the answer’ portion. Instead she just asks either the same question again, or throws you for a loop and asks a completely unrelated question.
It goes something like this:
“Mommy, what doin’?”
“I’M MAKING YOU A…”
This is the part where my eyes roll back into their sockets, my brain begins a slow-leak out of my ears, and I collapse into a pile of rotting (and very confused) goo on the floor. I mean, I would totally take a twenty minute long question and
answer question period over a twenty minute long temper tantrum (which has happened before) any day. Hands down. HOWEVER, they didn’t teach how to deal with this in Toddler Prep 101 and I have never really been known for my patience. I’m not too bad, but when trying to field 15 questions in 15 seconds, I think anyone would explode just a teensy, tiny bit.