I was going to make you wait until Saturday to announce the Grand Prize Winner Of A Smidge Of My Love but I’m kind of bored and nothing cures boredom better than doing something. Am I right?
- Henry Hill – Ray Liotta in Goodfellas – “As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.”
- Nicky Santoro – Joe Pesci in Casino – “A lot of holes in the desert, and a lot of problems are buried in those holes.”
- Vito Corleone – Marlon Brando in The Godfather – “I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.“
- Frank Lucas – Denzel Washington in American Gangster – “See, ya are what ya are in this world. That’s either one of two things: Either you’re somebody, or you ain’t nobody.”
- Tony Montana – Al Pacino in Scarface – “Say hello to my little friend!“
- Vic Vega (or Mr. Blonde) – Michael Madsen in Reservoire Dogs – “Eddie, you keep talking like a bitch, I’m gonna slap you like a bitch.”
- Mickey O’Neil – Brad Pitt in Snatch – “Nobody brings a fella the size of you unless they’re trying to say something without talking, right boy?“
- Jules Winnifield – Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction – “Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I’d never know ’cause I wouldn’t eat the filthy motherf****r. Pigs sleep and root in s**t. That’s a filthy animal. I ain’t eat nothin’ that ain’t got sense enough to disregard its own feces.”
- Frank Costello – Jack Nicholson in The Departed – “When I was your age they would say we can become cops, or criminals. Today, what I’m saying to you is this: when you’re facing a loaded gun, what’s the difference?“
And the winner is….
This sprinkle doughnut* sitting here, patiently waiting to be barbarically consumed (don’t worry, doughnut, you’re time is near). He aced 8 out of 9 characters, faltering on Vic Vega because he incorrectly identified him as John Travolta’s character in Pulp Fiction. No, doughnut. John’s character was Vincent Vega not Vic Vega. Nice try, though. You did better that some of these schmucks.
Oh, sorry. I was just saying that to make him feel better. He’s a perfectionist. You’re not schmucks, you’re gorgeous. And, yes, I know gorgeous is not the opposite of schmuck. Try not to read too much into that.
Regardless, doughnut here gets the love. I’m pretty sure my sister came in second and she’s already got a smidge of my love so she wasn’t getting any more anyway.
Thanks for playing! Maybe next time there will be a real prize. Don’t hold your breath, though.
* There is no sprinkle doughnut. That makes me sad on a couple of different levels. 1) I just had a conversation with not only a doughnut, but an imaginary doughnut and b) I wish there was a doughnut. Doughnuts always cure boredom because they make people happy.