Things I did today that should have had an interesting, blog-worthy story attached to them:
- Slept in Could have slept in.
- Took half a vacation today.
- Drove 45 minutes to a ghetto mall under construction for the sole purpose of raiding a going-out-of-business The Disney Store.
- Spent too much money at ghetto The Disney Store.
- Ate the World’s Most Disgusting Sub, complete with rock-hard bun. The sub’s, not mine.
- Strolled into work at 1.
- Went out for dinner.
Reasons why the things I did today were not blog-worthy:
- I still had to get up at the same time because, alas, my children still wake up at the buttcrack of dawn, and so must I. Gone are the days when mornings start whenever I feel like they should. They now start when I’m told they start, either by my alarm clock (that jerk) or by a child wanting to be parented (jerks). Blah.
- Half a vacation day is not long enough to do anything exciting. Not with two kids in tow, at least. Getting ready takes, at minimum, an hour and a half. Travelling includes car seats and strollers and snacks and extra diapers and fetching kicked-off boots. And then that’s the end of the half a vacation day. Bore.
- That was it. That sentence describing what we did was as exciting as it got. Yeah, it was 45 minutes away which, I guess, is sort of far to go for one store. Yeah, it was a mall that was sort of ghetto because it was under construction but it’s just some renovations, so give it a break. Yeah, we didn’t go to any other store, big whup. Yeah, that particular The Disney Store is closing, but it’s not like the entire business is going under. Yawn.
- I spent more than I expected but I got more than I expected so you can’t have one without the other. I didn’t spend so much that I have buyer’s remorse. Just enough not to drain any accounts or cripple any credit cards. There were some good sales, but I’m sensible. Shopping isn’t rocket science. Der.
- Who wants to read about what I had for lunch? Isn’t that, like, the first rule of blogging fight club? No one cares what you had for lunch. It was gross and I was pissed at the sub-maker-lady for serving me a sandwich made with bread hard enough to dent a car door with, but you don’t care about that. There was too much salt also, but you still don’t care, right? So, blerg.
- That’s it. One o’clock was my start time today. Rivetted yet?
- McDonalds. Jealous? I had a Big Mac meal with iced tea. I feel disgusting because of all the gross. But I didn’t feel gross enough to not eat the other half of Eirinn’s burger. Starving kids in China and all. But, again, see #5. I think #5 pretty much applies to any meal of the day.
And this, dear friends, is why I am starting to hate NaBloPoMo.