- I’m not a lumberjack, or a fur trader, and I don’t live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dog sled, and I don’t know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I’m certain they’re really, really nice.
- I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English, not American, and I pronounce it ‘about’, not ‘a boot’.
- I can proudly sew my country’s flag on my backpack. I believe in peacekeeping, not policing; diversity, not assimilation; and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.
- A tuque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch, and it is pronounced zed: not zee – zed!!
- Canada is the second largest land mass! The first nation of hockey! And the best part of North America!
- My name is Jen O.!! And I am Canadian!
- … Thank you.
(adapted from the Molson Canadian commercial we all know and love)
Happy Canada Day, eh?