It was less than a year ago that I completed the 30 Days Of Truth. It was a terrifyingly difficult challenge, forcing me and all those who participated to reach down into the murky depths of our memories and pull out things we had shut away for good. But in doing so, it was also healing, relieving, enlightening.
A few months ago, I started the 30 Day Photography Challenge. That one has stalemated at Day 5. I began the challenge hoping it would push me to take more pictures, which is something I’m always wishing I had more time to do, but I haven’t gotten around to Day 5. I will. I haven’t given up. Yet.
And now, thanks to Chibi Jeebs, who credits Miss Mary Max, I am about to begin 30 Days Of Shamelessness. In many ways, this may be more difficult than the Truths. Some of these days are much, much scarier than anything I had to confess last year. But I will do this. Again, not 30 consecutive days, but there will be 30 posts. Hold me.
The days of the challenge are as follows:
- declare your love for an uncool TV show.
- look a fool.
- eat. Whatever you feel like eating.
- waste time.
- declare your love for an uncool movie.
- act “girly” or “manly” in a way you’d normally avoid.
- share your efforts at something you don’t think you do well.
- expose something messy or dirty you’d usually hide.
- declare your love for an uncool band.
- dress to show some skin.
- share about a health struggle.
- speak up about something crap that was done to you.
- hold yourself accountable — not guilty — for something crappy you did to someone else.
- dress, walk, and act like you know you’re all that.
- spend money on a non-necessity or share a financial struggle.
- discuss the reality of your work situation.
- share details about a bodily function or fluid.
- talk about sex
- express a strong feeling.
- set a boundary.
- air one of your secrets.
- share a struggle you have yet to “just get over.”
- ask for help.
- make a mistake.
- express a dissenting opinion.
- discuss a failure.
- look a fool.
- name 3 more ways you can live shamelessly and commit to doing them…
Join in if you like. Let me know in the comments if you think you might so I can follow along.